Tuesday, May 21, 2013

AND THE WINNERS ARE....


Hello Gitana, Gitano, Gypsy, Friend!

Well the Bohemian Gypsy - Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy (MVW) 2013 Challenge has ended and the judge's have tallied their scores and presented me with 4 FOUR award winners.

However, let it suffice to say, each participant was spectacular! There were 17 entries, and they can be viewed at:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/2172811@N25/

The work they did in this challenge was incredibly impressive. Each model is a winner -- in my eyes!  And I am glad I was not one of the judges! I would not have been able to choose!

The Judge's Panel consisted of 5 individuals. These individuals each have a wonderful sense of either fashion knowledge or bohemian & gypsy style. They shall go un-named, but to each of you I give a warm hug of appreciation and gratitude! Thank you for giving your time to this endeavor! You shall not be forgotten!

To BlackBarbie Bravin of Miss Virtual World Modeling Academy, and the other administrators who perhaps so often go unthanked, you have my deepest gratitude for welcoming me and allowing Bohemian Gypsy to sponsor this challenge!

And now... drum roll please:

The awards go to...

BEST COMPLIANCE -- Catalina Portland

Rules Compliance is very important. Our challenge rules were simple -
1. Use any or all of the outfit items supplied you by Bohemian Gypsy, but do NOT add another Designer's clothing article; 2. Accesorize it, giving it your own bohemian and gypsy flair; and, 3. Do not put any writing on the photo.  *Congratulations & Thank you Catalina for a very cool Amy Winehouse look! I loved it, and am happy you are one of the judge's chosen.*


BEST FLAIR --  Yrwin Naglo

This category was very important for it is the accessorizing of the outfits to give it your own bohemian and gypsy flair; naturally, rules compliance was also applied.  *Congratulations & Thank you Yrwin for your lovely Gypsy! I loved that you actually ustilized my camp and varda for your photo setting! Kudos to you for doing so, as you truly captured the soul of Gypsy! I loved it, and am happy you are one of the judge's chosen.*


BEST OVER-ALL --  Two awards for this category -- Female: Nariko Okawa


BEST OVER-ALL --  Two awards for this category -- Male:  Lex Deominista

This final category took into consideration the other two categories, but also took into consideration photographic abilities, including settings and lighting.  *Congratulations & Thank you first to Nariko for your incredible presentation. It was vendor ready! Stylish and very bohemian! I loved it the moment I saw it, and am happy you are one of the judge's chosen.*   And, last but by no means least, to our only male model participant! Lex! *First Lex, you did not win by default, for had your entry been entirely off, there would have been no way you would have received an award! And so, it is with pleasure I also congratulate & thank you for your wonderful presentation. I loved that  you reflected both bohemian & gypsy in an almost otherworldly environment! I loved it, and am happy you are one of the judge's chosen.*

To the four of you awarded, I have also passed you your trophy! I hope you like it and proudly display it. I will be in contact very soon with each of you regarding the vendors. Each of you will receive 5% of all vendor sales in which you are the model!  As per the original notice, each of you will be invited to pose for up to 3 vendors (hopefully more, if in agreement)!

A warm round of applause goes out to all of you!
Thank you so much for all your efforts!

Wishing each of you continued kushti bok!
    Banba Muircastle
    Bohemian Gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment